Pages

September 17, 2012

Take this Calorie Quiz and then Eat a Chicken Salad

After a week of using my roommate's computer, I finally got a new cord in the mail!  Thank you roommate!

Before I forget, COME TO BOOT CAMP in the park this Wednesday at 1pm...check the top of my blog for directions!

I felt like going on a run today, which doesn't happen as often as I want to...mostly because I am afraid I will re-injure my back.  But I warmed up my body really good by foam rolling my quads, doing the dynamic runner's lunge, storks, and a 5 min bike ride.  I ran 4.85 miles (a fave loop by 24 HR Fitness) at a 8:25 min pace!  Pretty good for me, since I haven't been running much.

This was a fun quiz to stumble upon.  I only got 66.7% because I don't know my fast food calories well...but it was fun to see what BETTER options there are when you are at a restaurant, fast food joint, or a party.  Take a look at this quiz and beat my sad score!

Here's a look at dinner (and lunch tomorrow!):




I'm a fan of making 'hearty' salads that won't go wilty, if I am planning not to use my jarring method.  This salad included some of a roasted chicken I bought today at the store...didn't feel like cooking chicken!  Here's the recipe:

Chicken Salad

-Chicken breast, cooked and cut up in chunks
-1 red pepper, chopped
-1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
-1 cup red cabbage, shredded
-bunch cilantro, chopped

Maple Dijon Dressing
-1 T dijon mustard
-2 t maple syrup
-3 T olive oil
-1 T balsamic vinegar
**shake this all up with some salt/pepper in a small jar and pour over salad!
**if this is too strong, either add more oil or some water

I am a huge fan of red cabbage in salads, mainly because it doesn't wilt!  Enjoy this fresh and tasty salad :)  I will tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment