Pages

September 2, 2012

A Run and Some Beet Greans

I am so lucky to be a part of a church by a wonderful park!  I went to the local coffee place at Wash Perk to work on my computer and then ran around Wash Park.  The park was full of people, happy Labor Day Weekend, but enjoyed my 2.5 miles despite the crowds.  I was able to get another playlist ready for my spin classes this week, but I had the HARDEST time dealing with Excel.  Excited for class, full of new songs!

I made Bean and Corn Salsa, grilled some chicken, and roasted some veggies so that it would be ready for the next few days at work.  Failing to plan is planning to fail.  I always try to have things made or eat a bar and fruit when I am in a pinch.  Otherwise I know my stomach will growl all day long!

Here are some purple carrots and beets from the garden:




With cherry tomatoes from the garden, the salsa was gorgeous and fresh!  This may be my favorite summer recipe.  Salsa and chicken over a bed of beet greens, I felt completely nourished!

I need to come up with lots more recipes for our 14 tomato plants that are starting to burst...canning will have to be in order soon.  I'm sure that will be something to write about!  We can all learn from my mistakes...ha!

What is your favorite summertime meal?  Fun plans for Labor Day I hope :)

Bean and Corn Salsa:

1 can black beans
1 can sweet corn
3-4 roma's or a pint of cherry tomatoes
1/2 chopped red onion
1/4 cup chopped cilantro
1 T. olive oil
juice of one lime
cumin, salt, and pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment