Pages

September 3, 2012

Boot camp :)

Its boot camp time!

So I teach indoor cycle classes and love every minute of them.  The fun people, energy, and motivation that I feel and receive from each class is so rewarding!  Choosing my own songs and finding ways to train our bodies is a fun and creative outlet for me.  Because I enjoy them so much, I thought that a boot camp would make a similar impact on everyone involved.  So I am going to start one :)

This wont be just any boot camp.  This will be a fun, yet safe, environment for everyone and anyone to try, starting at any level.  Hopefully it will motivate, and not discourage people from working out.  And it will be outside in beautiful Colorado!

Gyms can be a harsh environment to workout in for many reasons and for some people, it can be a place of anxiety and fear related to your view of own fitness goals and the way you compare yourself with others.  It doesn't matter what Johnny is doing with the equipment next to you...it matters that you are working your best at that moment and not letting yourself regret the reason why you went to the gym in the first place--to see results!  Boot camps can help motivate you to work a little bit harder than you would on your own, so it is a great place to move your level of fitness up.

I hope you will join me soon!  Free up your schedule for Saturdays at noon.  We will be meeting near Dartmouth and Sheridan to use Bear Creek Park.  Until then, I will be giving a few small workouts you can do on your own to get ready for this class.  Cheers!

Ladder Circuit: *work your way down and then back up the list and time yourself...beat your time when you do this circuit again.

5 pushups
10 burpees
15 squats
20 lunges
25 jumping jacks
30 bicycles (once)

Sometimes it is hard to get started.  Once you start, I promise you won't regret it!

I picked some peaches today and used them in my smoothie for tomorrow.  I have a busy day just about every Tuesday, so I just pack my food for the day.



Peach Smoothie: 
6 very small peaches (1 large peach)
2 scoops vanilla protein (I use Apex's Supreme)
1 banana (I keep some frozen for the instant smoothie texture)
freshly brewed peach iced tea (you can use water too) to thin

Separate into two jars to freeze and take with you next time!
Makes two servings.
*add ice if you want to enjoy immediately!

No comments:

Post a Comment