Pages

September 23, 2012

Another Day Another Climb

Happy Sunday!

Today was a fun climb up Mt. Bierstadt with two gym buddies!  I love hiking with people, let me know if you ever want to join.  The offer will stand indefinitely.

We started VERY early, which made for some beautiful early morning colors on the surrounding mountains:





Here, we made it to the top and someone brought up a homemade sign!  


I was rushed in the morning (which is not my style), so it was a good thing I pre-made yogurt, strawberries, granola, and cinnamon.  Good protein and fat for staying power, and strawberries help the body recover and produce quick energy.  I munched and drove.

We had a great time and the weather was relatively warm for such a late-season hike, although there was some wind at the top...to be expected!  Unfortunately, the views weren't fantastic because of the fires (in Idaho and Washington?)...but still sooo worth it!

I snacked/ate quite a bit this afternoon because I ate some food, but it didn't stay with me long!  Among the list--an apple, protein bar, yogurt, granola, and a great salad with roasted delicata squash.


Sorry about the lighting!  You can see I made it with romaine, beet greans, fried kale, shaved parmesan, walnuts, and delicata bits with balsamic vinegar on top.  A very interesting mixture, but very satisfying.  Then I ate a cookie my roommate baked.  What a tasty end!

About delicata squash...here are some great reasons to like this squash.  By roasting it in the oven at 400 with olive oil (until soft), you can create a sweet, soft squash AND eat the skin as well!  I love squash but HATE peeling the hard exterior.  But not with this squash!  It is so tasty and you can make it with so many different flavors.

As I sit here, I may still be hungry...even though I had greek yogurt for breakfast and 2 protein bars, perhaps I didn't eat enough.  Usually protein and fat help me stay full much longer!



No comments:

Post a Comment