Pages

September 10, 2012

Crack Muffins!

This weekend has been a blur, with my car breaking down, hosting a housewarming party, and going to Elitch Gardens (a Denver theme park) for a GREAT friends' 25th birthday (yes, 25 and wild at heart!), I haven't done anything productive.  And sometimes that is wonderful :)

To keep things quick, one of my favorite quick breakfasts has to be the protein pumpkin muffin (in a mug).  Let's not take too much time to mention how I like everything in a mug.  Wine and cereal are best in a mug and I have no idea why.  I just like it.  So when I stumbled upon this recipe on Clean Eating Chelsea, I couldn't resist!  I changed the original quite a bit.  Here it is:

Pumpkin Mug Muffin:

1 egg
1/2 cup pumpkin puree (Chelsea says 1/4, but its good for ya and it fills me for a LONG time)
2 T. flour (buckwheat, whole wheat pastry, cornmeal are faves)
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
dash cinnamon
10 chocolate chips (if you are feelin' lucky!)
**any other mix-ins like peanut butter, chia seeds, oats, raisins, nuts, flax, and bran are all welcome!

Combine all together in a big MUG of your choice (it will expand upward), cook for about 3 minutes in the microwave on high, let it cool, and devour!  *I like making this the night before and sticking it in the fridge, so that in the morning, all I have to do is put it in the microwave=brilliant!


1 comment: