Pages

October 4, 2012

New Micro Muffin Recipe!

I accidentally came up with a new spin on my favorite breakfast recipe!

Due to my new diet plans, I decided to find a new way to make the pumpkin puree and egg stick together to form the dense muffin consistency.  I came up with flax seed and a dash of vanilla protein powder.  The result wasn't the same, but it was more of a pumpkin custard-delish!  Enjoy the new flourless pumpkin recipe:

Pumpkin Breakfast Custard

1/2 cup pumpkin puree
1 egg
1 T flax, ground
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice
1 T vanilla protein powder (feel free to omit if you don't want that flavoring...I liked the sweet vanilla!)

Add in a big mug, stir, and pop in the microwave for 3 minutes on high.  Top with almond butter!

I went to Colorado Springs (hometown, baby!) to help my family unpack their house.   On the road, I came across this Sprinter that was LOPSIDED!!!  I had to take a pic (while driving, I know...) because I couldn't believe my eyes...this is looking at it straight on, and you can see the front right wheel is TO THE LEFT of the back right wheel.  That is just not right!



After the unpacking process, lunch was a salad with bell pepper, deli turkey breast, covered in salsa.

And for a special treat, my mom and I went over to Monument to enjoy tea and treats at the Wisdom Tea House.  I ordered their 'egg bake' which included roasted poblano peppers, some cheese, and lemon peel!  It was absolutely delicious with the lemon!   I almost devoured it before I took this pic:



And that brown 'hunk' of food next to it is their Pumpkin muffin that Mom ordered and I tasted it :)

The Wisdom Tea House lets you pick the teacup you want to use.  Here is my pretty pink cup of a creamy black tea:


For dinner, I ate a salad with hard-boiled egg, spinach, peppers, avocado, and a big dollop of cottage cheese.  Dressed with balsamic, lemon olive oil, and lemon pepper from Savory Spices!  I love eating salads and avocados all the time ;)  SO tasty and I feel amazing.


Have a happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment